Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School Stress

I'm in community college. I know many people would be horribly embarrassed to admit that but I'm rather proud of my college beginnings.

I attend two community colleges, one I receive financing for and the other I don't. This means some classes are paid for because of my college loan, but the ones at the self-financed college are not because - well I'm self-financing.

Now here's the problem. Since I have student loans, I am unable to get book vouchers to have the books I need applied to my loan. I have to pay for the books out of my own pocket which completely sucks. I spent 2 hours today at a college bookstore trying to pay $358.57 for 2 college textbooks. Shouldn't have taken 2 hours that was mainly the fault of AMEX who has the absurd belief that paying off your balance is an act of terrorism. (Operator told me with full snooty attitude on high that they have the right to not apply payment for 21 days even when the bank sends the money to be sure that the money really has been sent. So having it removed from my account and sent to you electronically is not enough?!?!? Next month I'm going to pay it with a check at the store and hopefully that will work better.)

I still need 2 other textbooks and I'm flat broke. Unless I want to play pay-a-bill-skip-a-bill, I'm going to need a miracle to have a good semester. I paid over $100 last semester for a book I used for 6 weeks (summer session) and got back $23 from buyback. Ain't life grand. I don't have a man but I can always enjoy a good screw from someone if I look hard enough. ;)

Thankfully, I joined on with a program and I got the books for one class for free but the other 2 classes, I'm not really confident of getting my books. I hope to do the skip-a-bill thing and pay for it next month. The paycheck upcoming I can't play around with because that's my rent check and I have two other bills on it that come out automatically from my checking account so there's no real give on this check.

Hopefully, everything will work out well and I won't get too many marks against my credit just to get my college education.

Watching the Olympics and rooting for May-Walsh to get the gold in beach volleyball. I can hear the buzzer for some laundry and know I need to put it into the dryer so I can be done with it but honestly it will get all wrinkly. No hope for it as I started the load to late to avoid this. I'm really sleepy and know I won't be getting up to unload until the morning.

No comments: