Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday Nothingness

I got up this morning and despite my plan for working out and what not, I did some sleeping in but did the good thing of getting in to work early to offset the long lunch I took yesterday and the one I knew I would be taking today.


Sure enough the gutter guy called when he was 30 min away took another hour to show up after I arrived home and tried to tell me that it would be $3500 to put up gutters for an 1800 sq ft house.


Dude I priced the gutters they cost $500 even with labor this shouldn't be more than $1000. Even if he started there just to bargain, that would still leave me at the $2000 mark and I only want to pay $1K.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've moved on to another book called, In the Merde for Love by Stephen Clarke.

Just started reading this and it's a continuation from A Year in the Merde. It almost picks up exactly where it left off with Stephen hooking up with the half Indian girl who is a friend of the Barbadian beauty he was hooking up with.


So far the wit with everyday situations is still there. He's having adventures and describing French life so that all non-Frogs can envision themselves traisping down the Champs-Elysees. Loving this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm supposed to be practicing my French daily. Not really doing it due to fear and fear. I know I'm going to France in November. I know I need to know French to get along in France in November. But I'm really feeling some serious butterflies when I think about it and I can't concentrate.


Whatever, I'll conquer this feeling like a Victorian did Everest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Going to have a change for the blog in two forms. I'm going to start posting regularly and I'm going to talk about my eating/spending habits as well as my writing. I really want to get at least two chapters a day in and I figure with this as my tracking device that I can do that.


Here's to hoping.

No comments: