Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Aliens and Spincycles

I've gotten through my first semester of college and it was a doozy. Disappointed by my C in Spanish but I deserve it because I didn't do the homework for 2 chapters. I'm planning on retaking this class after I get my Associates because that will bring my GPA up. Right now it's running at 3.142 which is a B but I'm hoping to bring it up. I'm taking Social Pscychology as a mini-mester and making an A so if I can bring that one on home, my GPA is a rising.

Started to go to Spinning class. I went through the home ownership thing and the DVDs but I'm inconsistent. I need something that 's not boring and everyone at work recommended the Y. So I joined and started taking classes there. Everyone there is supersweet. I love that place. I've been a member of 24-hour fitness but they actively make fun of everyone. Here people keep that to a minimum and you get active encouragement from absolutely everyone.

Now, since I was a child, I've had a quest to compete in a triathlon. I can run, don't get me wrong, I've got that skill down. I can't swim and I don't know how to ride a bike, so it looks like marathon for me but I'm determined to actually do a triathlon. Part of that is learning to swim, which the Y has several classes on. The other is riding a bike. The spin cycles are very much like a bike. I didn't know that until I spoke with a co-worker and she confirmed it.

Let me tell you what spin class is like. Spin class is the testing ground for future alien abductees. That bike seat is the gynecological (sp?) equivalent to your annual exam. The seat divides your buttocks perfectly in the middle and firmly inserts itself ever deeper into your anal cavity. I know aliens are observing every spinning class in the world to see who takes to this thing the most eagerly and they are pegged for future transport and further investigations.

Why, oh why, is this seat so uncomfortable and downright painful. I don't understand it. I didn't last 5 minutes in my first class mainly because of the seat. I couldn't sit down and ride and I could stand and pump (pointing toes and bad shoes led to foot cramps). Yesterday I went back and made it 20. I'm determined to make it through an entire class but I need to buy something to go over the seat to make it. If it wasn't for the girl in front of me wearing a triathlon t-shirt, I wouldn't have made it. I stared at her shirt like it had a map to Johnny Depp's penis on it and kept on going.

Whew, it's got to be easier than this.

No comments: