Friday, May 30, 2008

Vodka & Smells - A in Social Psychology

I finished my Social Psychology class and I got an A in it. Every tabernacle choir on earth should do a simultaneous hallelujah. Hopeful this isn't one of the signs of the apocalypse and Armageddon starts immediately because I'm celebrating.

Y Y Y Y I I I I I P P P P P P P P E E E E E E E E E E E E ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love living in the burbs. I would love living in the city too, but I especially love living near where I work. I get to go home for lunch, could technically walk there if there wasn't a large freeway seperating things. Who knows if one day I actually learn to ride a bike, I may actually stop driving there and back. Go planet earth!

The one problem has been housing. I don't believe in buying a house unless you have kids as a single person it just seems like a waste of electricity and water and not to mention you suddenly either need to become a DIY queen who knows how to mow the lawn or else find a good yard and handy man to take care of things.

I've always lived in one-bedroom apartments. Nothing special just enough space for me but too cramped really because I have so much crap.

I've upgraded to a 2 bedroom apt recently and just love all the space. I've recently taken up sewing and knitting and now have a seperate room for my crafts. I have my bedroom as an entire closet because I only have one TV and due to an unseemly TV addiction I have to sleep with the TV on.

Now, I've come up with the idea to make my master bedroom into an office, especially since I'm in school. I even looked into getting a murphy bedroom. Someone is proud of themselves for inventing that thing. 5Gs for that thing, are you kidding me? Then they tell me that since they have to install it into both the walls and the floor that it would technically become property of my apt. complex because although they allow things in the walls but not the floor. So I'm going to spend 5Gs on a place that's not mine. Ummm.... no I don't think so.

Right now I'm saving for my trip to Paris and I can't afford the murphy bed or even the cheaper option of a fold out couch so I'm keeping things as is.

The one thing I really objected to about this apartment which is great in every way, is the smell. Every time I walk in the front door I'm remind of getting the sloppy seconds from homosexual dog breeders. As soon as I step foot in my apartment, I get the whiff of the collected drippings from a well used anus and a giant hairy dog who likes to roll around a muddy garden. It stunk to high heaven. No matter how much febreeze I tried no matter the candles I lit or the renuzit odor killer thingies I got that smell just lingered on and on.

Finally I remembered something I'd read. If you leave out bowls of vodka for a day or so, the vodka will absorb the smell and you can even reuse the vodka if you wanted to.

I went and caught the cheapest vodka I could find - McCormick Vodka for $6.95 for 32oz. I left a bowl out in every room and overnight the smell was gone. I've left them out all week and no more smell.

Le sigh, if only you could get rid of man that easily.

On second thought, you can.

No comments: